[ux_latest_products columns=”4″ title=”Check our Latest products!”][ad_1]
The word “bomboniere” comes from the Italian “favor”. In the past these have been small keepsakes that wedding guests take home as a token of thanks from the bride and groom. THey are now given out at weddings and wedding showers.
Wedding favors are often candied almonds, mints, chocolates or something more contemporary such as stem ware, candles or other gifts. Beautifully presented- wrapped or decorated in your wedding colors or theme.
Make Your Own Wedding Favors
Be careful about chossing to make your own favors- if you are having a large wedding- You will most likely underestimate how much time it will take to make party favors for a large group. It is a big undertaking that starts out as a labour of love and can sometimes become a tedious chore. Storing a large quantity of gifts can be difficult so plan for damage and breakage. If you do decide to make your wedding favors- plan to start at least 12 months in advance. If you want to give your wedding favor a personal touch- consider buying the gifts and accenting with you own special touched when wrapping and presenting. Hand written tags with your names in coordinating ink. Use special paper or buy a matching stamp to decorate. If you go to scrapbook section of your of any craft store there are many creative ideas to help you personalize your gifts.
Wedding Favors and Your Wedding Theme
Your wedding favor should reflect the theme of your wedding. This can be done with color, style or favor itself; Engraved wine glasses at an elegant affair or sunglasses and sunscreen for a wedding on the beach. Decorate your party favor with coloured tulle, ribbons, cellophane or fabric to match your wedding colours. Have sleek modern candle holders for contemporary wedding; Nostalgic retro candy for a fun casual wedding. Your wedding favors are a way to put your own stamp of style on your wedding day.add your own style to your wedding day.
Your Wedding Favors and Budget
Have a budget and stick to it. The average cost of party favor is about 2-3% of the cost of your entire wedding budget. Do buy a few extra wedding favor to have on hand, Some may be lost or you may decide to add more guests and find it impossible to get more of your items.
Some Wedding Favor Suggestions and Ideas
– An elegant picture frame can double as a place card holder. Use a frame that compliments your wedding theme. Like ornate silver for a Victorian look .
– Scented soaps are a great way to add a splash of color.
– Candles are popular- small candles wrapped in matching tulle or elegant tapers in satin ribbon.
– Candy is always a favorite choice- anything from traditional candy coated almonds, personalized chocolate bars or upscale truffles.
– Tree seedlings or packet of perennial seeds. Great for a spring wedding.
– Fortune cookies with a special message from the bride and groom
– Teas, coffees and hot chocolate have become increasingly popular. They can be presented in so many ways- small packets, in a mug, ribbon wrapped and more!
You can personalize almost any wedding favor with tags or ribbons(labels with your names and wedding date)
write by anderson